Late last Wednesday afternoon, three hikers went on a camping trip to the Two Hundred And One Acre Woods in Bayonne, NJ and came across something extremely horrifying. Like something out of a horror movie. One of the hikers reported being so scared that he thought he’d “never see the light of day again”. The report goes that the hikers walked further into the woods along the ravine and as the sun got lower, they got lost. Then the clouds started rolling in and rain came down heavy. The hikers were way too far out into the woods to reach their truck, but made a run for it anyway. As they hustled to the truck, one of the hikers noticed a cave off the ravine and suggested to go inside and wait the rain out until they could continue their hike to the camping spot. They decided it was a good idea. Boy, were they wrong. As they started to unload all their equipment and gear, they heard something further into the cave. They couldn’t tell exactly what it was because it was so faint and the sound of the rain was drowning everything else out, but they knew they heard something. The eldest of the hikers, Julian Hill stated, “I didn’t know exactly what I heard, but I knew it wasn’t natural or animalistic. I’ve been hiking and camping my whole life since I was a kid, so I know every sound I hear in nature.” He decided to take his flashlight and gun and lead the other two deeper into the cave behind him. The other hiker, Marina Castillo said, “With every few feet that we got closer to the sound and further from the rain, my heart pounded harder and faster. My mind started racing and making up different scenarios. ‘What if it’s an animal feeding? A fox? A cougar? A wolf? A bear?’ My mind was all over the place.” As they got further and further, they could hear whimpering and whispering coming from around the corner of the cave’s tunnel. This was the moment of truth. Todd Bethlehem recalled the moment right before their horrific discovery, “Julian looked at both Marina and me, took a deep breath, raised his gun, and turned the corner. But I don’t think even he was prepared for what we saw.” As they turned the corner and laid their eyes on what they saw, Julian dropped his gun and his flashlight and stood in absolute fear.

Three teenagers covered in blood, ripping away at a barely alive man as if he were the last meal on Earth. Marina recalled her moment of discovery, “My eyes couldn’t believe it. They still can’t believe it. At least if it were an animal, I would’ve been able to coop with it better. I’d seen things like that in movies before, but never could I ever imagine…” As the flashlight shed light on the horrific scene, the three teenagers (who have now been identified as three missing kids from a Staten Island case years ago) turned away from there meal and chased after the three terrified hikers. “The amount of adrenaline and fear that I had at the time could never be measured. I had never been so scared that I’d never see the light of day again. But I just kept running…” stated by Todd. Even though they all made it out the cave in one piece (no pun intended), they kept running. They didn’t stop until they found their car, rushed to get inside, drive off, and get as far away as possible with the three cannibals behind them. Julian‘s last quote was, “Everyone in the car was quiet, but I could still hear all our heavy breathing. And even though I could still feel the pounding of my heart and the terror inside of it, for some reason, all I could think of in my head repeatedly was ‘It stopped raining’…” Two of the three teenage cannibals have since been picked up and taken in for questioning and evaluation. The victim’s body was found and announced dead and was torn apart so badly that he couldn’t be identified. Investigators are still searching for his identity and the third cannibal. For the time being, Two Hundred And One Acre Woods will be closed off for investigation and safety purposes until further notice.


No comments:
Post a Comment