Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paranormal Activity at Fries Hall in NJCU


At New Jersey City University there has never been any publicity about the paranormal activity that occurs daily in Fries Hall. Faculty and students were trying to avoid the media because they were trying not to turn NJCU into a tourist-invested place. Well, it seems there luck has run out because a freshman was not aware of this and he took some creepy pictures of some ghostly figure in the Media Arts Department at NJCU. William Soto, 21, Media Arts Major from Bayonne said, “I really feel bad for causing so much drama. But, imagine what I felt when I was walking down the hall and I see what appears to be a ghost. I had to Instagram that shit.”
            His pictures caused a lot of talk among his peers and some called him a fake. Soto stated, “I was angry that people were not believing me. I know what I saw was true because I have the pictures to prove it. So I challenged students to go to the class where I had captured the photo of a computer being thrown across the room.” To Soto’s surprise many students did, but were caught by NJCU security in the middle of playing with the Ouiji board.


Steven Jackson, 35, Security from Jersey City said, “I honestly have not experienced anything paranormal at NJCU. But, then again I am never in Fries Hall. What I don’t understand is why Fries Hall? I think the students are playing a prank on each other and just having fun.
Many students believe it could be the spirit of Professor Marc Eisenstein who was well known among his film production students and was the man who helped form what Fries Hall is today. Professor Vincent confessed after Soto’s picture had been released that he had a picture of paranormal activity as well. He did not report it because he was not sure what it was. “I have had this picture for over a year. It scared the shit out of me, but I kept it to myself. I wasn't sure what to think of it. But, now it all makes sense to me. I believe it could be the spirit of Eisenstein. The man was very dedicated to this place. I just hope he never pops out on me again.”
When we asked students if they had seen any paranormal activity we found a few. Denise Rodriguez, 24, Media Arts Major from West New York stated, “It is always cold in Fries Hall especially on the second floor. I once saw this dark shadow of a man from the corner of my eye, but when I looked he had disappeared. I thought it was a student walking in, but no one was there.”


Another student Juan Perez 27, English Major from North Bergen claimed he had a similar experience to Soto and defended him by saying, “Soto is definitely not making it up. Someone or something definitely haunts Fries Hall, but as students there is nothing we can do about this. I mean who do you call to help get rid of a ghost? Smirking he says, “It’s not like I can call Ghost Busters. But seriously whatever it is its not harming anyone, but it is causing a distraction among everyone on campus.”



No comments:

Post a Comment